The Times Are a Changin

You know I always thought that as I got older I would become the boss of me, but that's not how it works. It would appear that children are now the boss of me. Who is your boss?

Wherever I live, or should I say, whomever I live with seems to think they are my manager. They want to manage how, when and what I eat. What, if any, television program I should watch, what religion if any I should adopt, how to pray, which God to pray to, who to vote for, how to wash my hands and wash dishes. How to dress - God forbid that we see your legs.   They tell me that I shouldn't smoke because its bad for me. Really!!! And they discovered this when?  When they were busy taking magic mushrooms and cocaine and Ecstasy and who knows what. I never took any of that shit!!!  Some of them really want me to be happy and do some painting. But go and do it outside in the cold shed and only paint stuff that we think is okay. We need you to come and live with us and help us pay the rent but keep to yourself because we don't want you to be a part of our lives or have a say in anything.
Wtf. The arrogance of youth!!  'Im old and the times they are a changing.  My sons and my daughters are beyond my command, and the times they are a changing!

Yip it does drive me crazy sometimes when I allow myself a few minutes of self pity (not often).

"Come mothers and fathers
Throughout the land
And don't criticize
What you can't understand
Your sons and your daughters
Are beyond your command
Your old road is
Rapidly agin'
Please get out of the new one
If you can't lend your hand
For the times they are a-changin'.

The line it is drawn
The curse it is cast
The slow one now
Will later be fast
As the present now
Will later be past
The order is
Rapidly fadin'
And the first one now
Will later be last
For the times they are a-changin'."  

Thanks Bob Dylan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CONVERSATIONS WITH THE PRODIGAL BROTHER - OCTOBER 2020

Journey Through The Years

THE LITTLE TWISTER