A Family Of Poems

A family of poets (mostly)



The Owl
For Jasmine

I heard the owl cry the other night, though I tried to block its lonely
call,
the words came through telling me of what was near.

he came the next day, taking his prey without asking or caring for those
he left behind
in the blanket of sorrow he had made.

No words can describe the empty void that has been left in me
and the pain that aches like it won't ever stop

only time and tears can replace my void, filling it up 'till there is no
more

S Dely 17 March 1997




Happy Birthday Mom


Thanx for the coffee
thanx for the tea
thanx for the food you put in my belly.

Thanx for the roof
and the clothes you provide
thanx for the love, you sometimes hide.

I've stolen, lied and run away
but that's stopped now
I’m here to stay.

All things
I’m sorry for
I've put my foot down
on the floor
these
kinds of things, I’ll do no more.

I hope you enjoyed your birthday
best wishes and loving care
don’t worry Mom I'll always be there.

Travis Blake Gey van Pittius






The Wall

Something, nothing
Everything, whatever
never mind.
Wall being built
gotten pretty high
It always happens the same,
got stuck inbetween
blast a hole from the side
you feel better
but I’m stuck inside
your walls are so high
you can't see over the sides
to see me, stuck inside
False smile and laughterless eyes
we've been here before
do you recall
I got stuck in the wall

S Dely 1998








Nothing

confused
lonely
occasionally angry
often melancholy
mostly empty
no reason
don't understand it
no passion
no interest
no hope
no despair
nothing
mostly
just empty

S Dely 17/04/01



LIFE

What is life all about?
I ask myself this question all the time,
But still I doubt.

It's all about the money and all about the fame,
It's about fancy objects and winning the game.

But what game I ask, it's the one we created,
And it's make believe.
Make believe, we can achieve all the money
And security we need.

I see it as greed,
Becoming a need.

It's a half unsatisfying addiction.
I see this cup half empty.
There's no upside if it can't be filled.

It's your own cup you've drilled,
Manufactured by insecurity unlimited.
Designed by jealousy’s most wanted.

Trav






To Ash

You were my own real live dolly
 I loved dressing you up
 I loved your cute chubby face
and innocent, big blue eyes
I love the time when Mom let me cut your hair
 I loved reading you stories,
 and making biscuits with you
 I loved protecting you
 Now we've grown up, I still want to protect you
 and I still love you.

 x
 Your big sister
Samantha 28/4/2010













A CALL TO MORPHEUS

Be still maiden lest he stir
Remember his goodnights said with a slur

He has no control over his appetite
And will fill his mouth with more than a bite

A tare within a tare
Caught within a snare
Of a covenant

Be still maiden within this tomb
Remember his breath of fumes

Be still lest they ignite breaking bounds and soul

Drag us down Morpheus, better together
Oh the secret healing of slumber

And let us wake in oblivion

Sora mea Dragã.





LONGING


Longing to be loved by a gorgeous stranger
Having his arms wrapped around you in favour.

His eyes singing a melody so sweetly in tune
So comforted in his beautiful cocoon.

She dreams of a knight in shining armour.

By Ash
15/8/2001







BROKEN


       For Trav

When I saw you lying broken on the ground

Your body a crumpled heap of pain

Sorrow surrounding your tortured soul

I wanted to take your place.

I wanted to wrap you in my love

Like a cocoon, and let you out

When you're healed.

I'd throw myself before you

To cushion your fall

Please, just call.


S Dely

8/7/2001










ANGEL

Innocence lost

A life was cost

Strangely, love born

We never learn.

You'll never see the angel you created

Sent away before it was born.

We watched with silent eyes

And hearts crossed

Never daring to breach your trust

I should have spoken

Broken the silence

Lessened your pain

We all could have gained

An Angel

S Dely 26/07/2001










'To the waters...and the wild...with a faerie, hand in hand..for the
world is more full of weeping...then you can understand'

WB Yeats









THE LITTLE BEAN WHO GREW UP


As the time draws near for you to go out
Remember there are a lot of baddies about,
So always be careful of what is on offer
For a broken heart won’t fill up your coffer.

Remember your home and the love that abounds
From your family and friends and the furry hounds.
Your Mom taught you wisdom and that you should keep
And your dad kept you safe so that you could sleep.

Kyle gave you laughter so that you might smile
And that will go with you through many a mile.
So hold all these treasures deep down in your heart
And remember them well when time comes to part.

Don't forget that we love you when you travel afar
And have lots of fun and let nothing mar,
Your laughing eyes and your beautiful smile
And come back and visit us in a little while.

To Andrea with lots of love from Aunty Cal

15/10/2001




Beany & Kyle


Alone

Alone, that’s all she'll ever be
Afraid, that's all she'll ever feel
Sadness that never changes,
memories that will never fade
that’s all she thinks she's made of
her tears never seem to dry
because there's always a reason for her to cry
sometimes she wonders if she'll ever smile or will she cry 'till the day
she dies
S Dely
 31 August 1997











QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS

So this is my conclusion.  I'm sick of this life of strife, and confusion, pollution.  The iniquity that's found in too many a friend and family.  I'm starting to doubt their salvation; they don't want God's gifts of revelation, and restoration.

Refusing to accept the Lord's day, too stubborn to bow and kneel and pray.  Then they wonder why they live in disarray.  Constantly bad mouthing and complaining, oh now it's raining, why am I losing and not gaining?

Well do you ever inquire of the Lord, do you ever start praying?  Are you too careless, full of pride or jealousy to relaxed ostentatiously.  Too many bad habits, bad seeds, breeding like rabbits, are you sowing to the flesh or the spirit.  Are you going to at least try to understand the truth or ignore it? Climb the ladder or lie in the pit and wait for the sulphur and fire to hit?

Are you going to ask for strength, believe and be strong and climb higher.  Ask and receive it, believe it and it shall be done.  On earth as it is in heaven.  You choose death through the devil or life through the Son, of the most High God, thank you Jesus for saving me, I know you're the key.

Trav





A CROWN



I want my crown
Don’t want to accept a frown, I will not act like a sad clown.

Honesty is the best policy, its Truth all the way, okay!

Don't play around with a liar; they'll only drag you into the lake of fire,
Stick with Jesus the Messiah,
He'll take you higher.

Flying above the clouds on eagle wings,
Dancing with the angels and listening to them sing.

Trav






"The end of the road is near my friend, drive it slow and it will never end". 
                                                           Jim Morrison






REQUIEM FOR A CAT

He was a little kitty, only six months old,
He liked to climb up trees and act all big and bold.

He frolicked in the garden, and chased birds all summer,
But then the farm dogs found him, and killed him without pardon.

So here lies little kitty, in his flowery resting place,
I shall long for you with each passing day, with your whiskery little face.

Rest in Peace Sparky, you were my one true friend.

15/2/2005





HIDEAWAY


Sometimes I want to run away, find a place to be on my own, far away from this place that I can't call home. 

1988

I sometimes know when people are going to phone or when they want me to call them.  Sometimes I know, I hear their thoughts and don't know what to do because they are not normally happy, it's mostly a "screw you".

They think they are so much better because they got more to prove.  I sit in silence watching them waste their energy only to steal it back from the jealous.  They think they're in a race and can't afford to lose.

I sometimes let them win on purpose to see how they change.  Oh, how strange they can be.  They'll say anything to make sure they are heard.  It's a power struggle, a constant tug of war, boundaries re over stepped to attain the highest score.

Trav








THOUGHTS

A whole night of snoring, waking in the morning, yawning,
It's getting boring and I don't remember my dreams.

It seems that if I had one, it's lost in a stream, of fast flowing "change".  Can I re-arrange this strange sensation of irritation, its confusing stuff, but gets man abused enough.  Can you see where I'm going with this?

I tighten my fist, scratch, squeeze my wrists, my thoughts have a twist.  Sometimes I see mist and no one else does.


Hold on I need to re-think.  Okay, I'm sorry, it can't be done.  My mind is loaded, automatic gun shooting thoughts like bullets into the blinding sun.  But some can be caught, some can be fought, but don't distort the thought.

Some defeat and some retreat, some say get up and stand on your feet.  Face your fear, draw it near and make it disappear.

TRAV








MAKE A STAND

So all you can do is try; don't cry, you know it will make it worse.
I'm sure you've heard the curse; "I'll give you something to cry about!"

What you should do is just shout,
Bring it all out.

As you sit there, tears rolling down your face,
Starting to familiarise yourself with that memorable taste;
Don't let it all go to waste.

Think hard and long about what brought on those tears,
It’s from not facing your fears.

So get up, stand up straight;
Forget about being locked behind that gate.

It's open now, so run and be free;
Venture further than the eye can see.

Trav








ODE TO YOUTH

For Denny

Her long hair was fair and gold like the hay.
I would often see her on a summer's day
Playing on the shore with her lost brother
Picking up shells to take home to Mother.

And on the way home they often would stop
To look in the long grass, for there they would shop;
For worms and grasshoppers in their hiding place
To take home to store in father's spectacle case.

And home they would come with treasures galore,
A present for all, of that I was sure.
Mother graciously accepted her shells
And Father was delighted with his insect pals.

And what did they bring me, you may ask
Well I was certainly all a gasp.
They said mine was special, they had journeyed so far
To find something rare, for little sister dear.

And out of the door we all did go
And into the yard with our faces aglow.
When I spied what they brought me
My little heart went thud;
For in their wheelbarrow was a mountain of mud.
They said it was chocolate, they thought they were clever
But in spite of their tricks I shall love them forever.

Cally 11/9/2001

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CONVERSATIONS WITH THE PRODIGAL BROTHER - OCTOBER 2020

Journey Through The Years

THE LITTLE TWISTER